Your Guide to Pony Play
Pony play is a kind of yiff (furry) roleplay in which people enjoy dressing up and acting like ponies. Some people use pony play as a kind of bondage roleplay in which the dominant and the submissive enact situations meant to humiliate and degrade the sub for sexual arousal and pleasure while others simply enjoy pony play because it’s fun to express their inner animal as a pony. All forms are considered BDSM and involve different role playing in which the dominant has power over the submissive in in various “pony” and “trainer” situations. The arousal for subs comes from being tied up and bound, mouth gagged, vision impaired, sometimes with toys inserted in various places, forced to (or willingly wanting to) role play various humiliating pony and trainer situations, and they are powerless to stop any of it. Dominants may gain pleasure from having this much power over their submissive.
The Different Kinds of Pony Play:
- Forced – Forced pony play is where the submissive still considers himself/herself a human, but is “forced” by his/her Dominant or “handler” to act like an animal. This usually includes humiliation tactics by the Dominant.
- Equine Roleplay – Equine role playing is where the submissive takes on a horse/pony persona and acts like a normal horse or pony would. There is no humiliation or mistreatment by the Dominant in this situation.
- Therians – This kind of animal role play is wherein the pony players truly believe they are part animal. This persona may or may not transfer over into daily life, may include bondage play (or may not), and might simply be a fun way to roleplay as a pony.
The Different Kinds of Ponies
- Cart Ponies – Cart ponies pull their Dominant or Mistress in a cart on either 2 or 4 legs.
- Riding Ponies – Riding ponies are “trained” by their Dominant aka “handlers” to be ridden.
- Show Ponies – Show ponies are used to model fancy tack and equipment by their Dominant “handler.”
- Play Ponies – Okay, I totally made this one up, but I couldn’t think of what to call regular ponies who simply enjoy the joy of acting like ponies for the sake of indulging their inner animal. If you guys know a more specific term, please let me know!
Pony Play Tips:
- Pony play usually takes places outdoors so it is recommended that those who wish to partake in pony role play own or rent private properties with barns or stalls in order to enjoy the most realistic experience. You could also go out to a local park and get hauled away in a horse trailer to enact pony role play without a farm or barn.
- It is legal to go out in California and New York in full pony gear in public, but you must remained fully clothed. In other places, it may not be fully legal and is not recommended due to safety risks.
- Safety Tips: It is highly recommended that you use safe words when engaging in any kind of bondage play. If you engage in pony play during the summer, be sure to stay hydrated and take breaks to avoid dehydration and heat exhaustion in extreme temperatures. For those embodying the role of horse or pony, it is SO important to use proper footwear and not go out barefoot or with hooves as both can be highly damaging in rough terrain. Whenever engaging in any kind of bondage, it is important to be careful with proper blood circulation, take breaks for stretching and moving around normally without restriction, etc. Refer to our rope bondage guide for more tips on how to use them safely.
Browse our awesome selection of Animal Dildos HERE!