Want to work out while you get it on?
Who doesn’t, right?
Well there’s good news: you can!
I love multi-tasking, especially where burning calories is concerned. Anything to burn, burn, burn, and I’m on board!
Here are my top favorite sex positions for working out various muscle groups.
- Working Out Your Butt: Missionary! I know, this seems surprising and maybe even overrated, but did you know that the movements of your partner thrusting towards you and you using your core to thrust back enthusiastically will give both of you buns of steel? Not only that, but the thruster 😉 will get a great leg workout while you get a great core and glute workout!
- Pelvic & Lower Ab Muscles: Woman On Top! That’s right, ladies, it’s time to get over your shyness of being on top because I promise you, it’s worth the risk! This totally pleasing position will not only feel great, but will also work your lower abs (often neglected in normal exercise!), your glutes (bootay-licious!), pelvic floor muscles (for a tight V and a slim lower abdomen), and your quads will get some toning as well.
- Butt & Thighs: Arch Position! This position is done by laying with your back on the bed, arching your lower torso up toward your partner who rises to meet you. This position mainly works the glutes and thighs, but engages many other muscle groups respectively including the core, inner thighs, quads and calves!
- Want to Stretch Stiff Muscles? Try the Lunge Position! Done simply by extending into a lunge stretch with your opposite leg supporting on your knee and thrusting over your partner, this will work many different muscle groups and also work to stretch out the legs, hamstrings, core, inner and outer thighs, and of course, the butt.
- Legs & Core: Doggie Style! This is a great position for both partners. The giver can engage both legs and core while thrusting while the receiver braces for impact and engages quadriceps and glute muscles as well as core ab muscles. For a more arm-toning workout, try an adjusted version of this position by positioning your arms against the wall and using them to push against the wall, thereby creating great arm resistance for various arm muscle groups.
While it’s true that the coming winter months may leave you less than motivated to work out outdoors, these “sexercises” should keep you more than toned until next Spring!
After all, ’tis the season to be jolly, right?